Cancellation & Refund Policy
For classroom classes only.
See below for online class cancellation policy.
- The school must refund all money paid if the applicant is not accepted. This includes instances where a starting class is canceled by the school.
- The school must refund all money paid if the applicant cancels within five business days (excluding Sundays and holidays) after the day the contract is signed or an initial payment is made, as long as the applicant has not begun training.
- The school may retain an established registration fee equal to ten percent of the total tuition cost, or one hundred dollars, whichever is less, if the applicant cancels after the fifth business day after signing the contract or making an initial payment. A “registration fee” is any fee charged by a school to process student applications and establish a student record system.
- If training is terminated after the student enters classes, the school may retain the registration fee established under #3 of this subsection, plus a percentage of the total tuition as described in the following table.
- When calculating refunds, the official date of a student’s termination is the last day of recorded attendance:
- When the school receives notice of the student’s intention to discontinue the training program; or,
- When the student is terminated for a violation of a published school policy which provides for termination, or
- When a student, without notice, fails to attend classes for thirty calendar days or the remainder of the course.
- All refunds must be paid within thirty calendar days of the student’s official termination date.
If the student completes this amount of training: The school may keep this % of the tuition cost:
One week or up to 10%, whichever is less
10% More than one week or 10% whichever is less but less than 25% 25% 25% through 50% 50% More than 50% 100%
Cancellation & Refund Policy for Online Programs
Students may request cancellation in any manner.
Applicants may cancel up to five business days after signing the enrollment agreement. In the event of a dispute over timely notice, the burden to prove service rests on the applicant.
Students canceling after the fifth calendar day but before the first lesson has been turned in will be responsible for a registration fee of $50 or 15% of tuition, whichever is greater but not to exceed $150.
If the class is terminated by the student after the first lesson has been turned in the school may retain the registration fee as established under #3 of this subsection, plus a percentage of the total tuition as described in the following table. The percentage will be calculated by dividing the total number of lessons in the class by the number of lessons turned in by the student.
If the student completes this percentage of lessons: The school may keep this % of the tuition cost:
0% through 10%
10% 11% through 25% 25% 26% through 50% 50% More than 50% 100%