Online - Construction Project Managment - 09/11/17Name: Online - Construction Project Managment - 09/11/17Date: September 11, 2017Website: http://www.constructionclasses.comRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:
The purpose of this course is to provide a framework for understanding the project manager's roles, responsibilities, processes and procedures. Student will learn the stages of the project, dispute resolution, project financing, feasibility, bidding and contracting..
Students will learn about cost and risk control as well as developing and applying policies and procedures. Other topics will include subcontractor management, purchasing and components of a good purchase order. Project start up and close out techniques will be covered.
Upon completion of this course you should:
- Know the different project delivery systems and how each affects the role of the project management team
- Understand owner feasibility studies, methods of delivery, programming and design
- Know how to manage the flow of project information during the various phases of the project.
- Be able to manage various types and sources of risk that are the primary responsibility of the project supervisor
- Understand the role of planning and scheduling in the pre-construction phase of a construction project
- Understand the how and why of estimating
- Be able to manage the mobilization and organization of a project in the field
- Understand the basics of expediting materials, equipment orders, and the inspection and approval processes
- Understand how project financing and insurance plays a role in modern construction management, cash flow, and project cost control
- Be able to coordinate the close out of a construction project.
- Be able to apply subcontractor management techniques
- Understand how corporate policies and procedures can affect the management of the project.
This is a paced course. Please see www.constructionclasses.com for a detailed course outline with syllabus.
All online courses must be paid for in advance to the start date. Inland Northwest AGC members may call for billing options