AGC Scholarship Foundation
Since 1981, the Inland Northwest Associated General Contractors (AGC) has been rewarding hard-working students pursuing careers in construction management and similar construction oriented fields.
Donations like yours help students to continue learning the construction industry.
To date, more than $150,000 in scholarships have been awarded to students entering the construction industry.
Thank you to our current donors:
2019 AGC Scholarship Program
The AGC Memorial Scholarship Foundation provides scholarships each year to full-time students who have declared a construction related major. Awards will range from $1,000-$2,000 annually per student. While each award is for a single academic year, students who have received an award are eligible to re-apply.
To qualify for the scholarship, a student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a legal resident of the United States of America
- Be enrolled as a full-time student
- Have accumulated enough college credit to have been designated either a sophomore, junior or senior in the coming academic year
- Have declared a construction related major
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Complete the application no later March 29, 2019.
- Write a 500-word personal essay about their goals and interests
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation
The application deadline is 4:00pm PST on March 29, 2019. In order for an application to be considered complete it must include the required personal essay, proof of GPA, and letter(s) of recommendation. Late applications will not be considered.
Submit completed applications to:
AGC Memorial Scholarship Foundation
ATN: Scholarship Committee
4935 E Trent Ave
Spokane, WA 99212
Applicants will be notified of the selection committee’s decision by May 10. Awards will be distributed to the students’ college or university in time for the Fall semester.
Questions & Contact
Additional information is available by contacting Mary Tantriella at the office on the Inland NW AGC at (509) 535-0391 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee of the AGC Education Foundation, which will consider applicant’s interest in the construction field, grades, extracurricular activities, references, and potential impact on the industry.
- Selected applicants may be subject to a personal interview with representatives of the AGC Memorial Scholarship Foundation.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 10.
- Grade transcripts and upcoming class schedule must be forwarded at the conclusion of each academic period. Recipient will not be reminded to provide this information; failure to do so will result in disqualification from the scholarship program.
- Checks will be sent directly to designated colleges or universities on a quarterly or semester basis after recipients have returned their transcripts and upcoming class schedules.
- Recipient is encouraged to seek summer employment in construction at some time during undergraduate enrollment.
- Recipient is responsible for keeping the AGC Memorial Scholarship Foundation up-to-date on address, phone number, and e-mail changes.
NOTE: Applicants have the ultimate responsibility of ensuring that this application, all forms, and transcripts are received by the AGC Memorial Scholarship Foundation by March 29.
AGC of America Scholarship Program
The AGC Education and Research Foundation offers undergraduate and graduate level scholarships to students enrolled in ABET or ACCE-accredited construction management or construction related engineering programs. Over $8 million in scholarships have been awarded to more than 3,000 students attending colleges and universities across the country. Learn more about the criteria to apply for undergraduate and graduate scholarships outlines the eligibility to apply.